Primary Care | Medical Home
All Northern Counties Health Care, Inc. (NCHC) Health Centers are Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMH), recognized by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
The PCMH, or “medical home” model is an approach to providing comprehensive, team-based, high quality primary care for children, youth and adults that facilitates partnerships between patients, their providers, and when appropriate, their families. It also means we are constantly striving to improve our quality and delivery by working with patient care teams to track and coordinate care, and fully utilize technology such as electronic health records.
The medical home model has five attributes:
- Comprehensive Care
- Coordinated Care
- Accessible Services
- Quality and Safety
And while we’re talking about how we measure quality, check out how our sites have been doing with controlling diabetes and high blood pressure, as well as with providing cervical cancer, breast cancer, and colorectal cancer screenings.
Patient Satisfaction: (CAHPS surveys ask patients to report on their experiences with care):
*data from most recent Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) survey
- Access = Getting Timely Appointments, Care, and Information composite
- Communication = How Well Providers Communicate with Patients composite
- Care Coordination = Providers’ Use of Information to Coordinate Patient Care composite
- Office Staff = Helpful, Courteous, and Respectful Office Staff composite
- Self-Management Support = Talking with You About Taking Care of Your Own Health composite