The most up to date COVID-19 testing and vaccination scheduling information is below.
Effective January 10th – April 29, 2023 – Northern Counties Health Care is offering walk-in COVID vaccines & Boosters:
No appointment needed! Pfizer vaccines for all eligible ages: 6 months+.
Initial Vaccines and boosters including the bivalent boosters—effective against both the original and Omicron strains of the virus.
Flu shots are also available.
Northern Express Care – Newport: Wednesdays and Saturdays 8am – 2pm
Northern Express Care – St. Johnsbury: Saturdays 7am – 9am
Concord Health Center: Thursdays 7:30am – 2pm
Danville Health Center: Wednesdays 7:30am – 2pm
Hardwick Area Health Center: Wednesdays 2pm – 6pm
Island Pond Health & Dental Center: Tuesdays 7:30am – 2pm
St. Johnsbury Community Health Center: Tuesdays & Thursdays: 7:30am – 2pm
Download the flyer here.
Contact your primary care provider or pharmacy directly to schedule a vaccine appointment.
Walk-in vaccine clinics offered through the State of Vermont can be found at: https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-19/vaccine#walkinclinic
Vaccines for children under 5:
- Patients of NCHC Primary Care Practices: contact your provider’s office to schedule a vaccine appointment.
- Pediatric vaccines are not available at Northern Express Care offices.
COVID-19 Booster Vaccine Availability as of September 23, 2022
- Boosters are available at your provider’s office. Bivalent vaccine boosters are available by appointment at all NCHC primary care offices for NCHC patients.
- Kinney Drugs in St. Johnsbury & Lyndonville are both offering appointments for the bivalent vaccine
- NEK Community Clinics can be found at https://www.healthvermont.gov/covid-19/vaccine#walkinclinic
The State of Vermont state-run testing sites closed on June 25th. This includes the clinics held by Northern Counties Health Care at Caledonia Home Health Care & Hospice, the Brighton Fire Department, and the Hardwick Fire Station. Northern Counties continues to provide testing options throughout the NEK.
PCR Tests at NCHC Primary Care Offices – patients only:
Contact your provider’s office to make an appointment for PCR Tests.
- Concord Health Center
- Danville Health Center
- Hardwick Area Health Center
- Island Pond Health & Dental Center
FREE Take-Home Angtigen Test Kits at NCHC practices – all individuals:
Available for walk-in pick up at all of Northern Counties Health Care’s primary care and dental practices.
PCR Tests & Free Take-Home Antigen Test Kits at Nothern Express Care – all individuals
PCR tests and free antigen take-home test kits are available on a walk-in basis.
- Learn more about testing options through NVRH by visiting nvrh.org and visiting “COVID-19 information & updates.”
- Antigen test kits are available through local pharmacies, but may have a cost.