Our Immediate Physician Openings:
Family Medicine/Internal Medicine Physician at St. Johnsbury Community Health Center
Please contact our HR Director, Katrina Meigs, with any questions.
Our Mission and Model of Care
- Northern Counties Health Care, Inc. (NCHC) is committed to our Mission of enhancing the quality of life of individuals and families by providing compassionate, accessible and affordable patient-centered health services. NCHC was the first and is one of the largest Federally Qualified Health Center systems in Vermont, and the only one which also operates a home health care and hospice division.
- All NCHC Health Centers are nationally accredited Level 3 (the highest level) Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMH) by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). The PCMH, or “medical home” model is an approach to providing comprehensive and quality primary care for children, youth and adults that facilitates partnerships between patients, their physicians, and when appropriate, their families. It also means we are constantly striving to improve our quality and delivery by working with patient care teams to track and coordinate care, and fully utilize technology such as electronic health records.
- We offer the most generous Admin/Clinical time split of any FQHC in Vermont (30%/70%).
- Flexibile schedule
- Real influence on policy and chance to innovate
The beautiful Northeast Kingdom is known around the world for its spectacular scenery, diverse wildlife and natural resources. The town of St. Johnsbury or “St. J” is the hub of the Northeast Kingdom just 2 1/2 hours from Montreal and 3 hours from Boston. These natural attributes provide a lifestyle that is more simplified with a focus on community.
- Excellent Educational Options
- Unparalled Recreational Opportunities
- World Class, Local Food
- Vibrant Community Arts and Culture Offerings
- Guaranteed Base Salary
- Generous Loan Repayment
- Relocation and Signing Bonus
- Continuing education, certification and licensure fees, professional memberships covered annually
- 37 paid days off, plus additional 6 CME days
- Medical insurance plan options, paid life and LTD, 403(b) with match, optional STD, vision and dental
- Malpractice Coverage Provided (FTCA)
Below you will find three videos about practicing Primary Care medicine at NCHC. These videos will take you to YouTube, a website not under NCHC’s control.